Tabs dump 4
- The Register: Jedi recognized as an official religion in the UK census -- Shall I move there once I graduate?
- Jason Kottke: Guidelines for focusing on learning [via Seb's Open Research] -- Thou shall learn that, my young padawan
- From Netcraft, Microsoft plans to release a software update that modifies the default behavior of Internet Explorer for handling user information in HTTP and HTTPS URLs -- removing the @ in URLs, mostly used for Internet scams
- Jeffrey Veen: The Business Value of Web Standards -- add that to the list for management education
- Daniel Burka: Forming Style Sheets -- formating forms with CSS as opposed to tables remains challenging. If you consider the table to be a tabular list of questions and answers, is that a semantic sin?
- Netcraft: www.sco.com Site Alerts Available -- Geek voyeurism: assist to the DoS attack from the comfort of your browser. Reminds me of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
- And meanwhile, a MyDoom variant attacks Microsoft.com -- hey Netcraft, no front seat for this one?
- From /., Confessions of a Mac OS X User: "Have you ever felt guilty over using Mac OS X instead of Linux?" -- Have I ever felt guilty of drinking champaign instead of Coke? Never
- How to land a 747 -- always handy for frequent flyers but better pick one with ALS
- Nupha music store -- an iTunes/AAC compatible alternative to Apple's iTMS (currently down, being slashdotted)
- MacJams.com: MIDI Basics for Apple GarageBand Users -- now where can I find a pipe organ setup (at least two keyboards and a pedal)?
- Darwine is WINE for OS Xrunning Windows apps without Windows. Holy cow (says Brent).
And a little shameless plug, what has been described as the first French Google bomb has hit its target today. Welcome to our first député liberticide, Jean Dionis du Séjour, who is the guy defending this incredibly freedom-killing law project to regulate the Internet in France.