Upcoming beta of Movable Type 3.0
Six Apart prepares the launch of Movable Type 3.0 and is about to launch a beta test version. On the menu for this new version (I'm quoting Mena, I've not seen any of these features):
- a new set of default templates that will implement more of the best practices from Movable Type and TypePad
- a significant change to the existing interface that embraces web standards, usability and localization
- a centralized authentication service called TypeKey
- TypeKey's open nature will enable developers to build applications upon the infrastructure, utilizing its authentication hooks
- a comment registration system that will fit the needs of different types of webloggers, and will encourage registration and open communication
- support for the Atom API and syndication feeds will allow Movable Type users to utilize the richer content model offered by the new format, including the use of clients that communicate through the API.
- many new hooks into the application, allowing plugins more control over data, configuration, and user interface
I'm looking forward to the next upgrade ;-).